Tuesday 28 February 2012

Word Verification


I'm sure those of you who are regular bloggers will have come up against the new style Word Verification, which frankly is an absolute pain to read, often requiring several attempts to get the correct letters and you will know it means it takes much longer to get round your favourite blogs.

So imagine how hard it has become for those of us on Design Teams, as it means we don't always get to some of you because the time we set aside for commenting is wasted faffing about with Word Verification when we should be moving on to the next entry. So in future, much as we love visiting you all, we will no longer leave comments on blogs using word verification.  

If you are concerned about spam or unwanted comments, then comment moderation will allow you to  protect your blog, having Word Verification in place will not do so. It's easy to switch off, but rather than go  over it again I suggest you go check out this excellent post on Ashley's blog. My thanks to Ashley for allowing me to link to her.

We are always happy to hear your views, so please do leave us a comment and let us know what you think.

17 comments:

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

I think this is a great idea! nothing slows down visiting a blog more so than those tiny little letters that are blurred and so hard to read :)

Unknown said...

I agree I hate those and they are impossible
Hugs tammy

MILA25 said...

Zgadzam się w 100% .
Ja już u siebie wyłączyłam jakiś czas temu .
Pozdrawiam Mili

Sue Nicholson said...

Agree, more time consuming and very hard to read as well.
Cheers
Sue x

Squirrel x said...

Here here Brenda. Sxx

Di said...

Well said Brenda - it drives me nuts too :) Di x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I quite agree. It has become ten times harder this week, and I also think that Blogger has turned it on in blogs that used to be Word Verification free. xx Maggie

Robin said...

I just wanted to thank you for your post and the link to show how to check or turn it off. I too.. do not like the word verification, and decided to click over to Ashley's blog to see how to check it. Turns out my blog had it on. I didn't even know it! Know it is fixed. Thanks again for the link..for us technically challenged bloggers hehe.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Heidi said...

Hallo Brenda, glad its not just me with the new word verification, its terrible!. Heiid x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Here Here sweetie. I turned the old one off when I first started blogging. Wasn't until someone told me that it was there I didn't even know. I hope this new one isn't just appearing without us knowing. Hopefully if we turned the old one off this one will not be on our blogs.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Im on 3 DT's and I just cant read these 'captchas'. I try so many times, then it blocks me.

I hope more people switch this off, as I would hate not to leave a comment when I have visited.

Thanks for posting this :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

dj1952 said...

I totally agree with you, and I'm leaving a similar comment on my post to challenge sites who allow the same thing. My time is as important as that of the challenge. I like to always comment at least on the challenge's page, but I prefer to use my time in entering more challenges or working on new projects. I hope you don't mind if I use your image. (Oh, and I tried to go to blogger and leave them a comment, but I could find no such place. Hugs, dj1952

Vee Cassidy said...

Seems fair to me - just hope mine does not come back on!! But I find it difficult owing to vision probs but when I try the audio I can make not sense of it either. It always says it is to prove you are not a robot but I think a robot would find it easier than poor mortals like me. PS at least one place hosting a challenge had it on today.
Vee xx

Rene said...

Amen! I've had to prove several times I'm not a robot...even using the auditory button does NOT help. Grrr...don't blame you a bit!
Rene :D

Lorraine said...

Well said. It's a darned nuisance. I can't understand why blogger keeps fixing things that aren't broken in the first place. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

I turned mine off a long time ago, totally agree, what a nuisance!

Linda Carson said...

I agree!! What a pain!